Why do I need to reset my Multy X everytime I start the Multy APP?

mudskipper
mudskipper Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited June 2018 in Multy WiFi System
I just installed the latest 2.0.1 Multy APP on my Android (Samsung) phone.  I wanted to simply upgrade to the latest firmware, however, it seems as though the Multy APP is unable to detect the existing Multy X system.  It seems to leave me only one option, to completely reset my two Multy X devices in order to get the Multy APP to connect.

Is there a way to detect and connect the 2.0.1 Multy App to an existing Multy X infrastructure without having to reset it everytime?

#MultyX_June

All Replies

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    There are some questions want to confirm with you.
    // I just installed the latest 2.0.1 Multy APP on my Android (Samsung) phone.
    What is the model name and O.S. version of your Android (Samsung) phone?
    // I wanted to simply upgrade to the latest firmware, however, it seems as though the Multy APP is unable to detect the existing Multy X system.
    Do you know what is the current firmware of your Multy X?
    //  It seems to leave me only one option, to completely reset my two Multy X devices in order to get the Multy APP to connect.
    Can you share the screenshots? And do you login your myZyxelCloud account on Multy APP before or after you have installed Multy X WiFi System?

• mudskipper
    mudskipper Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Hi @Hanamichi
    Thank you for your assistance.  See my responses in-line, below.

// // I just installed the latest 2.0.1 Multy APP on my Android (Samsung) phone.
    //What is the model name and O.S. version of your Android (Samsung) phone?
    Samsung S9 -- Android 8.0.0

// // I wanted to simply upgrade to the latest firmware, however, it seems as though the Multy APP is unable to detect the existing Multy X system.
    // Do you know what is the current firmware of your Multy X?
    I do not as I haven't been able to connect to my Multy X through the app, but given the datestamp on the current firmware, I know mine is out of date.

// //  It seems to leave me only one option, to completely reset my two Multy X devices in order to get the Multy APP to connect.
    // Can you share the screenshots? And do you login your myZyxelCloud account on Multy APP before or after you have installed Multy X WiFi System?
    I've never "logged into" a cloud account.  Is that maybe what I'm missing?  I was able to configure the devices without creating an account before.  I'm not sure the screenshot would be very interesting.  My only option is to "Start Installation".  Mind you, I am currently connected to the Multy X device over WIFI.

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    In order to provide you with a better assistance, we have contacted you via private message. Please kindly check your message box.

Consumer Product Help Center