[NEBULA] 2 Nebula AP 102s for a network?

eva
eva Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
I got the advice to have 2-3 NAP102s to be installed in my home, each on each floor, to get stable wifi. But how to do this if the router with ethernetcable is downstairs? I installed a NAP102 downstairs indeed, no problem, but how to continue? I cant connect the 2nd to the 1st wirelessly?
Hope that you have an answer!
Eva

Comments

• Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2018
    Hi @eva
    Welcome to Nebula Community Biz Forum. If your home circuit on the different floors belongs to the same loop, you can use Powerline and Adapters (PLA) to realize the wireless deployment on the upper floor. If not, you may consider using the repeater instead. 

• RUnglaube
    RUnglaube Posts: 135  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2018
    If not, you may consider using the repeater instead. 
    @Nebula_James does Nebula AP also work as repeater or wireless extender? 
    "You will never walk along"
  • Zyxel_CSO
    Hi @RUnglaube,

I meant using the repeater for the signal extension to Nebula APs on the 2-floor wireless deployment. For the 3-floor placement of each Nebula AP, the current solution is using Power Line Adapter(PLA). Another solution is that Nebula AP will support SmartMesh in P4 that can fulfill wireless deployment as well.
  • eva
    First Comment
    Dear James, thanks for you reply, what do you mean with above sentence 'Nebula Ap will support Smart Mesh in P4'? because that does sound interesting..
    Eva
  • Zyxel_CSO
    edited January 2018
    Hi @eva
    Smart Mesh means that individual Nebula AP can connect each other wirelessly instead of cabling Ethernet across the facility and running cables to each Nebula AP. In your case, only NAP102 on the 1th floor is required with Ethernet cable and the other NAPs on the 2th and 3th floors can automatically connect each other wirelessly. The feature of smart mesh will be applied to NAP on Phase 4(the second half of the year). 
  • eva
    First Comment
    Hi @James thank you for the information, this is good to know!

• LPQuartel
    LPQuartel Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi all,

Smart mesh now seems to be available in NCC. How to configure a Nap102 now to use a wireless connection? I've disconnected one running to relocate it, yet to no avail
  • flottmedia
    flottmedia Posts: 56  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Answer
    How exactly is the current logic behind the "smart" mesh? We e.g. enabled the feature on one site where all APs are connected via LAN and one of the APs then randomly decided to move the uplink to a wireless connection to another AP instead of the well working (faster) LAN interface. Is that by intention? Will there be a way to better controll the uplink behavior on AP level?
  • C10B
    C10B Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment
    +1 for flottmedia's question.

Nebula Tips & Tricks