SWITCH ZyXEL GS-1920 no connection

MaPe
MaPe Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi Folks,

I changed the default IP adress to a static IP adress of our network.
But after change, i can not reach the switch. Webinterface or ping aren't giving me an answer. 
Even that Zyxel network tool or various IP scanner can't find the device in the network.

About 40 devices are plugged and they are running fine. All devices are reachable. 

Does somebody has any idea ? 

Thanks
MaPe

Comments

• JasonTsai
    JasonTsai Posts: 104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @MaPe,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

Are you using Zyxel One Network utility(ZON) to scan the device?
    Here is the download link for ZON utility:https://www.zyxel.com/form/zon_utility_download.shtml
    (Please make sure all Zyxel devices you want to scan are in the same broadcast domain.)

What static IP address did you change? Is your PC on the same subnet as your switch after you change your switch's IP address?

If you need to reconfigure the switch's IP address, you may reboot the switch and the configuration will back to the last time you saved it.

Hope it helps.
    Jason
  • MaPe
    First Comment
    edited December 2017
    Hi Jason,

many thanks for your Information. 

The switch is brand new and i have changed the factory Settings ( 192.168.1.1 )  to our company range.
    All devices are in the same IP / Subnet. Also i have tried the ZON utility.

I believe it is necessary to reconfigure the switch. 
    Is the reset button on the back side ? 

best regards
    MaPe

• JasonTsai
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    edited December 2017
    Hi @MaPe,

For you can't scan the device by ZON utility, may you help me to verify the following:
    1. The firmware version of the switch is above V4.20.
    2. The ZON utility Network adapter setting is Ethernet.

Since you haven't saved the configuration after you changed the IP address, you may just reboot the switch by the cold start.

If you really need to turn the configuration to factory default and reconfigure your switch, you may refer to the picture below to reset your switch:

Hope it helps.
    Jason
  • MaPe
    First Comment
    Hi Jason, thank you for your helpful Information. I need a break and will try it later :)Now I wish you good relaxation and a happy new year !  Best Regards MaPe

• JasonTsai
    Hi @MaPe,

Just want to follow up on this topic.
    Do you resolve your problem after the switch reset to default?
    Please keep us posted to get more support for you.

Thanks.
    Jason