GS1910-48: How to make a VLAN Trunk? (Firmware V2.00(AAAZ.0)C0)

2»

All Replies

• Webix
    Webix Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    What is your PC's IP, 192.168.100.10?
    If so, management IP of the switch should be in the same subnet, 192.168.100.x/24, but not 192.168.1.2/24.

Zyxel_Lucious
    Doesn't matter on wich subnet my pc is, i don't have access either on one, either on the other.
  • Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Webix
    Webix said:
    That worked out perfectly.
    However, when i configure the switch ip address with the vlan, i loose access to it. Even if i am on the same vlan.
    Example:
    - Port 1 is configured with vlan 10, my PC is connected on Port 2 (vlan 1).
    - I go to the switch management - ip, and configure the ip has 192.168.100.6 and vlan 10.
    - I connect my PC to Port 1 and change my PC ip to 192.168.100.10 (same range of the switch).
    And i can't connect to the switch. Not even on vlan 1 i can.
    I can get access again if i connect with a usb-com cable to the com port and change the vlan again to 1 on telnet.

Any clue on why is this happen?
    Regards
    Your steps above are basically correct, but you mistakenly set the management IP to 192.168.1.2/24.
    Your PC 192.168.100.10 CANNOT reach 192.168.1.2 due to different subnet.

Just change the management IP to 192.168.100.6.

• Eddwood
    Eddwood Posts: 33  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    may be I can just hang on these threat, so I don´t have to make a new one.
    I got the same switch with the same software. But I can´t find the trunk funktion. Does this switch support trunks?
  • Webix
    Eddwood said:
    may be I can just hang on these threat, so I don´t have to make a new one.
    I got the same switch with the same software. But I can´t find the trunk funktion. Does this switch support trunks?

Yes it does support trunks.
    Here's how i did it:

The ports 49-52 are trunks.
  • Eddwood
    Eddwood Posts: 33  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Thanks Webix. So that seems pretty simple. I thougt, trunks are doing something spezial as well. So its just like all possible vlans are allowed.:)) IT is sometimes just simple.
  • Webix
    Eddwood said:
    Thanks Webix. So that seems pretty simple. I thougt, trunks are doing something spezial as well. So its just like all possible vlans are allowed.:)) IT is sometimes just simple.

Hello. Yes. You can also, instead of "1-4095", put "10-25,37,39,45-100". It works too if you want to be more selective.