Scan-to-folder fails after firewall installation

cercoedo
cercoedo Posts: 3
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hello,

I've just installed a USG20W-VPN firewall.
I have updated the network settings on all devices with the new parameters (IP, GATEWAY, DNS) but I have a problem with network scans. 

On 2 different MFPs (OKI MC853 and CANON IRADV400i) the scans-to folder function no longer work.

Network scan destinations are set with the host name of the machines as DHCP is enabled (e.g. \\ machine-name \ scans)
The problem detected by the multifunction is "unable to connect to the DNS server"
On the multifunction devices the configuration is static IP with Gateway and DNS = IP firewall address.

I tried to configure the destinations of the folders with IP address of the machines instead of the host name (ex: \\ 192.168.x.x \ scans) and the error message is "could not find the server".

I've created a Service Object to enable the port used by multifunction devices.

If I disconnect the firewall and restore the old configuration by connecting the devices directly to the router, everything works perfectly.
Thank you

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @cercoedo
    Can I know the IP address of MFPs are the same subnet as PC's which connect to?
    If so, you can try to enable Allow Asymmetrical Route, and check it again.

Charlie

• Hi Charlie, 
    thank you for your answer. 
    Here is the network interface condfiguration of the MFPs:
    IP: 192.168.10.x
    SUBNET: 255.255.255.0
    GATEWAY: 192.168.10.1 (Firewall IP)
    DNS1: 192.168.10.1 (Firewall IP)
    DNS2: 8.8.8.8

I'll try to enable Allow Asymmetrical Route and let you now. In the while I've also try to set up scan to mail function but I receive an error but probably it is causeb by Office 365 authentication method. 
  • kukuman
    kukuman Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    I think you should set the Email configuration on MFPs.
    you can check it
    https://gcits.com/knowledge-base/how-to-set-up-scan-to-email-for-office-365/

Security Highlight