How to change 802.11 band when using Easy Mode?

Bjorn
Bjorn Posts: 4
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,
I have noticed that my devices do not use 802.11a/c even if they are capable of using this standard. I have located the problem to the EZMODE_RADIO_5G as this only specifies the use of "11a/n" band. The problem, as many other have complained about, is that the message "This configuration can only be modified in Easy Mode." makes it impossible to easily change the value.

In some other threads about changing values in the Easy Mode configurations, after this firmware update, is the suggested solution is start over with a new configuration. This seems to be a very tedious way to change one single value and perhaps also introduce some other errors in the process.

So my question is how to make this change without needing to build a complete new structure of configuration objects for the AP profile?

Regards

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,280  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Bjorn,

For 5G profile, 11ac is not supported in Local AP.

The band 11ac is used for management AP.

That's why the default 802.11band is 11a/n in the default 5G profile in Easy Mode, not 11ac.

The settings configured in Easy Mode cannot be changed in Expert Mode. It is to avoid settings conflict between different modes.

If you'd like to select 11ac in radio profile because of management APs, just start directly with Expert Mode to configure advanced settings in CONFIGURATION > Object > AP Profile.

• Bjorn
    Bjorn Posts: 4
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Zyxel_Emily

Thanks for your reply even if you avoided to give a straight answer to my question.

I had, for example, wished a solution as follows; "Easy Mode" uses "AP profile" Radio objects "default" and "default2" as templates. So by changing the band in "default2" and rerun the Easy Mode wizard it is possible to change the value.

If this or another smart solution is not possible you need to be more specific!

How do I make the change without building a completely new structure of objects? Is there a step by step guide to copy or create the object structure to replace (top object ?) - EZMODE_AP_GROUP?

Regards Björn
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,280  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Bjorn,

In Easy Mode, it offers wizard for basic settings such as SSID and password only.

The feature you request is not supported in Easy Mode now.

Your request will be moved to the ideas section. 

Security Highlight