ATP200 Hangs on reboot - 2nd device same problem

Options
iSpeed
iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I have an ATP200 that hangs on reboot.  I have to physically power the device off via the power button and then it comes up normally. I have rma'd this device and problem persists even with new hardware. I was hoping a firmware update would fix and also tried a factory reset, but problem continues regardless of firmware. I have a client that I put an ATP100 in and it seems to reboot ok.  I have a ticket in, but hoping others have seen this problem.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @iSpeed,

We need to check the console messages in the reboot process to clarify if it is hardware or firmware issue.

I'll contact you in private message to arrange the remote session.

• iSpeed
    iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    Just experienced another hang on reboot. I now think it's the content filter that's causing the hang. Yesterday I had a site that was dead. I tried to lookup via test url feature and it returned an error message.  I hard powercycled the device after hang and did the same test and content filter returned normal messages.
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @iSpeed,

The firmware is sent to you in private message.

You can follow the guide to collect console messages when the device gets stuck again in the reboot process.

Security Highlight