Options
2»

All Replies

• Deefees
    Deefees Posts: 15  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Setting up a second SSID with AES on the same radio didn't work, when connected to the new SSID it did not provide internet. I have now adjusted the DCS setting and also the security on the original SSID. At least I think, the only option I saw was setting the 'Cypher type' to auto or AES, is that correct?

I send you another log. The diagnostics were taking way to long to collect and I was not succesful in doing so. The log was from before the above mentioned adjustments of the disconnect happening yesterday, so hopefully the changes resolve the issue.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Deefees ,

Thanks for your update. For checking your issue, I'll PM you the debug command for checking the detail since it seems the problem for you to collect the diagnostic. Please check your inbox.
    When the security set to WPA2-AES, it's recommended to set the Cipher type to "AES". Would you also PM me the configuration for us to check?
    Thanks.
  • Deefees
    Options
    I'll try the commands when I can, the annoying issue is that I'm not at the location and can't connect remotely.

But when going through the config yesterday, I did not see an option to select the security setting, other than WPA or no WPA (at the top of the below window), and also the cipher type. I'll get back to you when I have more info.

• Zyxel_Freda
    Options
    Hi @Deefees ,
    If you want to use TKIP in the last version, please select the Security Mode to 'wpa2-mix' and the Cipher type is 'auto'. 
    Because you can access the web GUI, may I know that is it possible to access the AP via SSH to execute the commands and collect the logs? Otherwise, if it's not possible to SSH the AP, would we send a debug firmware to collect information of the disconnection issue?
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Options
    Hi @Deefees

If you can access to the USG and the SSH is not blocked by firewall rule, you can use USG web console to access the AP via below command after you log in to the USG.
    ssh admin@<AP IP> 
    Hope it's helpful for you to execute the commands and collect the logs.
  • Deefees
    Options
    Hi Nebula_Freda,

Thanks for the info! Currently I heard that everything is good so far (after changing DCS and Security setting), so I hope the issue is resolved. If not I will report back!

Thanks for the help so far.