Zyxel VES1724-56 System Logs

Marke
Marke Posts: 9  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Good Day All,

I have problem with my VES1724-56, but i can't see any system logs in the web GUI of the device. Where can i see the system logs so that i can study whats causes the issue.

Note: My VES1724-56 keep on disconnecting for a split of seconds from the network and the modem clients is disconnected too in the device status.

Thanks,

Comments

• Nikki
    Nikki Posts: 40  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments First Answer
    Hi Marke,

You can go to Management --> Diagnostic page, click Display button to check system log on VES1724-56.
    The log might over one page, you can click Display button more times to switch log page.
    I hope you will find this information useful.

• Marke
    Hi Nikki,

Thanks a lot, i already saw the logs of the device. My problem now, how can i interpret this logs.

I already tried to find it on the device manual but i can't find any relevant information regarding the logs details.

Do you have any idea how can I interpret this logs?

I already corrected my timezone format, maybe that was the problem relating to device auto-reboot.

Thanks for the useful information you've shared.

Cheers,

• Nikki
    Hi Marke,

The log looks for me just sync up the system time with NTP server, and looks received dhcp IP.
    What is your inband management IP?
    BTW, I ever tried to adjust timezone and it didn't cause VES reboot.

Cheers,
  • Marke
    Hi Nikki,

My inband management IP was 172.16.44.21/128.
    Domain name server 172.16.40.34

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers,
  • Nikki
    Hi Marke,

In my experience, I will see the log dhcpSvrRx address is not in LAN, ip X.X.X.X in syslog when I enabled DHCP snooping and DHCP client try to release/renew session.
    So from the log it looks normal.

Cheers,
  • Marke
    Hi Nikki,

Again and again, i experienced same problem. The device keeps resetting, not just rebooting. I've always checked the logs every time the auto-reset happened. Please see below the screenshot.

As you can see, the device had reset itself without management command. The time also reset back to default January 1 that supposedly November 4. All the client modem also disconnected from the zyxel server.

Can we consider it a hardware problem?

Cheers,

• Nikki
    Hi Marke,

I will suggest you connect console cable and capture log until it happen auto reboot again. Then maybe you could double confirm if it is related to HW issue from log.

BTW, 13C0 is the latest FW I have. Share with you by below link in case you want.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tm9ysctq8pvpae/1.00(AABH.13)C0.bin?dl=0

Cheers,
  • Marke
    Hi Nikki,

Thanks a lot for sharing.

I will try it.

Cheers,