Problem BankID safety program

Ralf_W60
Ralf_W60 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hej,

when upgrading the firmware for our USG60 from V4.15(AKKY) to V4.20 we run into connecting trouble when using the Handelsbanken Bank ID software. Error messages was very often connection lost.
We got help with a special update to 4.20(AAKY.2)ITS-WK15-r7714.
When now updating to the latest firmware version V4.25(AKKY.1), suggested by the registered USG60, we run into the same trouble.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello Ralf_W60,
    If you use the Handelsbanken Bank ID software to establish connection without going though USG, is connection always alive?

Charlie

• Ralf_W60
    Ralf_W60 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Hej Charlie,

the problems starts after updating the USG. Everything works fins at home and using a 4G connection without the USG. As mentioned this happens also at the last update to V4.20.

//Ralf
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2017
    Hello Ralf_W60,

Please collect Diagnostic info for me to check when the issue is happening. Meanwhile,  capture the packets from both WAN and LAN interface. I want to see what may go wrong by analyzing the packet.(PM me the results)
    Here I show you the procedure so that you can capture packets from the device directly.

When you meet the connection issue, go to packet capture, select Wan and lan(which PC connected). Press Capture. After 40 secs, download Wan and lan packet.

After connection lost, Go to 
    Diagnostics, Press collect now.(Wait for 3~5 mins). Download the files from Diagnostic files field.

Charlie
  • DennizOlof
    DennizOlof Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Ralf_W60, hmm sounds like you need to investigate. I find it hard to believe it is the firewall causing the problem.

I think the issue is that the connection gets terminated by the firewall because of inactivity, you simply loose the connection. If you are using xDSL then that could be the problem if the line keeps going up or down.

In the Zyxel Increase the default sessions per host to 2000 and also the UDP session timeout to 120s and do not forget to check the "Log" of the firewall. If you have a virus or something else if could eat up your sessions in the firewall and if that happens it will start to block your internal computers communication reaching out to the internet. The function of this is to prevent the firewall from a internal attack like a ddos or similar that could crash the firewall it self.

Otherwise if you have a "standard" basic configuration, regardless of what firmware you are on, the zyxel should not prevent you from using the most common things on Internet. Like banking, skype, facebook etc. The firewall is pre configured and works straight out of the box.

You only need to configure some minor things, like NTP time server and so on. No different than a cheap D-link or Netgear device, but Zyxel is a real firewall will advanced features.

Security Highlight