[Release Note] Nebula Control Center - Phase 9.2 software has been released!

Nebula Moderator
Nebula Moderator Posts: 127  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited July 2022 in Nebula CC New Release

Zyxel Nebula Control Center

Release Note

Common NCC (Organization, Site-wide …etc.) enhancement:

1. Nebula Cloud Authentication Server now support DPPSK account type to create single or batch personal pre-shared key and send to applicant by email for wireless secure connection. (Pro-Pack feature)
  2. Integrate with Zyxel Web Store to buy NCC/NSS points online.
  3. Supports on-line chat to reach Zyxel supporting team timely. (Pro-Pack feature)

Wireless LAN (WLAN) enhancements:

1. Support new AP models. Added two new 802.11ax APs (WAX610D, NWA210AX) to Nebula. WAX610D is NebulaFlex Pro AP that comes with 3 management modes, standalone, controller managed and Nebula cloud managed modes. It also has 1 year NCC Professional Pack license bundled. The NWA210AX is a NebulaFlex AP that supports standalone and Nebula cloud managed mode.
  2. Support DPPSK (Dynamic Personal Pre-Shared Key) that provides personal unique key to enhance wireless security. (Pro-Pack feature)
  3. Support NAT (Network Address Translation) mode that allows AP to directly offer clients the IP addresses to ease the IP management and enhance the network security from the NAT nature. This also provides the easiest way to separate guest network from the other networks.
  4. Support traffic log within NAT mode to track the clients’ activity for audit purpose. (Pro-Pack feature)
  5. Added Wireless Bridge support, to provide wireless connectivity for two network segments that has cabling difficulty eg. two buildings across the road. (Pro-Pack feature)
  6. Support Smart Mesh on 802.11ax models.
  7. 802.11ac AP models now support wireless health. (Pro-Pack feature)
  8. In Wireless health, adaptive channel width of auto optimization action is enhanced to combine channel width adjustment with DCS. (Pro-Pack feature)
  9. Support 160MHz channel width on 4x4 802.11ax models.

Switching enhancements:

1. Support new Switch series: the GS2220 series and GS1350 series. Both series are NebulaFlex Pro switch with 1 year NCC Professional Pack license bundled.
  2. *Support Surveillance features (Pro-Pack feature) for GS1350, featuring:
      i.   Specialized monitor page for Surveillance
  3.   ii.  Auto PD recovery to recover malfunctioned device automatically                                              iii. Extended range for cable length up to 250 meters for IP-CAM installation
  4. *Support Auto PD recovery for GS2220 series. (Pro-Pack feature, to be release)
  5. *Voice VLAN now support assigning VLAN to IP-phones by LLDP-MED protocol. (currently GS1350 series only as having new firmware now)
  6. Switch client page can now display client’s IP address from LLDP information.
* New features will be able to configure in NCC with new firmware only
** Friendly reminder: To allow the GS1350 series to be manageable on Nebula, you must enable NCC discovery in the local web GUI and register the device into Nebula. If the switch is under V4.60 firmware, after successful registration and connection it will automatically firmware upgrade to the latest version and synchronize with Nebula settings.

Security Gateway enhancements:

1. Support sending L2TP over IPSec client configuration script via e-mail to make setting user's mobile device or PC easier.
Nebula Forum Moderator

Comments

• RTH10
    RTH10 Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    Hello,
    Reference 5: Added Wireless Bridge support, to provide wireless connectivity for two network segments that has cabling difficulty eg. two buildings across the road. (Pro-Pack feature)

where this feature can be activated from in NCC ?
    regards
  • Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @RTH10,

This feature is located at the AP status page (Access point > Monitor > Access point > Choose an AP).
    In the "Status" window, you will see the wireless bridge and click the pen button to activate the feature, as figure below.

Jonas,
    Jonas,
  • RTH10
    Many thanks. I assume this option is for the root AP. In my setup I cannot see this option with the remote AP, only with the root AP (the one connected over the wire to the main router);
    Until now my both APs were talking through the smart mesh bridge but I would like to be to use the Ethernet port of my remote AP thus the need to enable the Wireless bridge support. How do I do it? Should I disable the smart mesh first ? thanks;
  • Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @RTH10,

Nope, you won't need to disable smart mesh.
    May I know if your repeater AP is in the figure below? I would like to inform that wireless bridge feature only support to the model as below:

Release note:
    https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/4590/release-note-nebula-access-point-series-phase-9-2-firmware-has-been-released#latest

Thanks,
    Jonas
    Jonas,
  • RTH10
    Thank you. The repeater AP is Zyxel NWA5123-AC HD and according to the release note it does not offer support for the wireless bridge. Any timeline when this support comes to this AP model ?

Another question. About the NAT feature. How does it work exactly ? Does it offer any benefit over the VLAN/PVID set up ? Can you explain how NAT and VLAN per SSID compare to each other ?
    regards
  • dempie
    dempie Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi,
    there now is a feature called DPPSK. It's about individual preshared-keys, that's what I know, but I have some questions how it works.
    1. Can these DPPSKs be combined with one or more MAC addresses so that only a specific device or group of devices can use the preshared keys?
    2. Or are the DPPSKs more like group keys which can be used by everyone who knows them? Can I restrict the usage of the preshared keys in such a case?
    3. In Organization-wide->Configure->Cloud authentication there is also a VLAN id listed when showing Account type DPPSK. Does it mean I can use a different VLAN for each key? Does it also mean I can use different VLANs on the same SSID with DPPSK (similar to EAP)?
    Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    dempie

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    edited July 2020
    Hi,

The DPPSK is more like group keys which can be used by everyone who knows the key. It's supported dynamic VLAN, so you can use the different VLAN ID for different passwords by using the same SSID.
    Hope it's helpful.
  • dempie
    dempie Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    Hi,

The DPPSK is more like group keys which can be used by everyone who knows the key. It's supported dynamic VLAN, so you can use the different VLAN ID for different passwords by using the same SSID.
    Hope it's helpful.
    Thank you for sharing. It did really help.

• Wiflex
    Wiflex Posts: 1
    First Comment
    We (Wiflex) made some very good solutions for the DPPSK feature together with Zyxel. See our solutions below or have a look at our website: https://wiflex.eu. We also have a partner program.

Visitors WiFi with Wiflex

For visitors onboarding we have three solutions.

One Click: This application will run on a tablet. With one click on a button, we generate a secure and unique WiFi password for your guests. We also create a QR code so visitors only need to scan and they are onboarded safely. We also have the possibility to print the WiFi password so they can also onboard their laptop.

Visitor registration: This application will run on a tablet and visitors need to check-in. You define which fields they need to fill in. If you want we can print out a visitor badge. The employee will receive an email/sms that his visitor arrived. You always have an overview of the visitors in your building. Of course we also create an unique and safe WiFi password + qr code for the visitors.

Self registration: Users can self registrate them on an onboard ssid. You define which fields the visitors need to fill in. After registration we generate an unique and secure WiFi password so they can connect with a secure WiFi network.

Employee WiFi with Wiflex

Your employees can easily onboard themself on the WiFi by logging in with your Gsuite/Azure AD/ Office365 credentials. Every employee gets a unique and secure WiFi password linked to the right WiFi security group (VLAN, …) based on their Azure/Office365/Gsuite group. Their WiFi password is deleted when they leave the company. More information you can find here.

Want to become a partner? Subscribe here!

Want a trial? Send us an email on info@wiflex.eu