Why there is no GMT +5:30 time zone in GS 2200, 2210, XS3800 and XGS4600 Switch

Kaushik
Kaushik Posts: 2
Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi, we are using 150+ Zyxel switches, we are in +5:30 time zone but there is no option to select our time zone in mentioned switch. can any one please help me to resolve this issue ?

Regards,
Kaushik

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• itdept
    itdept Posts: 2
    First Comment
    We have many GS2200 switch and want to use ntp service. Please suggest how? 
  • itdept
    itdept Posts: 2
    First Comment
    We have many GS2200 switch and want to use ntp service. The time zone is 5.30 UTC. Please suggest a solution.
  • Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @itdept

Welcome to Zyxel community.

Unfortunately like I mentioned, GS2200 series was phased out quite some time ago.
    For GS2200 and GS2210, this feature will not be enhanced as they have the successor by GS2220 series.

Zyxel_Lucious
  • Kaushik
    Kaushik Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @Kaushik

Welcome to Zyxel cummunity!

India time zone (+05:30) is a new enhancement recently added to ZyNOS 4.60 platform so gradually we will refresh our product to support it.

GS2220 will be the first series to support, and other switch series (XS3800 and XGS4600) will support it on the next formal release.

As for GS2200 and GS2210, this feature will not be enhanced on EoL models as they have the successor by GS2220 series.

Zyxel_Lucious

Thanks for replay, but we have mostly 1900, 2200 and 2210 switches. So good to hear if zyxel can extend his support for mentioned model.

Thanks.
  • Username_is_reserved
    Username_is_reserved Posts: 106  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Sorry for beeing rude. Why not use GMT+ 0 or maybe a Time from a Big Town? The Time is the last important for my mind.
  • Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Username_is_reserved

Not quite get your point.
    There are people living in various time zones, it's not reasonable to ask all of them to use GMT+0.

Zyxel_Lucious