GS1350-6HP restarting by itself

imaohw
imaohw Posts: 123  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited August 2022 in Switch
My GS1350-6HP has restarted by itself a few time in the last couple of months.  Once it restarts it thinks the device on port 1 (a security camera) is drawing more power than the switch can provide.  If I turn off POE to port 1 and then re-enable POE everything starts working fine.

I have attached a Technical Support file. What additional information do you need from me to help you diagnose this issue?

All Replies

• Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @imaohw

Could you download the tech-support again for us?
    The one you attached seems broken in certain section.
    What brand/model is the camera in port 1?
    Are other ports connecting with the same model of camera?

Zyxel_Lucious
  • imaohw
    @Zyxel_Lucious - I have attached a new support file.

The camera on port 1 is a Ubiquiti Unifi G3.  The camera on port 2 is a Ubiquiti Unifi G3-Flex.

Below is a screen capture of the POE status when the devices (cameras) are both working.

• Zyxel小編 Lucious
    @imaohw

There are logs like below in your tech-support:

1017 Jan 01 00:01:20 NO system: System cold start
      1018 Jan 01 00:01:20 IN system: Image 1 F/W version V4.60(ABPI.0) | 05/14/2019 boot up
      1019 Jan 01 00:01:20 AL system: System has reset without management command

The key is "cold start" which means the power once got cut-off, but not a software restarting(crash).
    So this may relate to instability of power source, have you checked it?

As for "port 1 drawing power" issue, is it possible you can swap the cameras of port 1,2 for cross test to figure out the cause (port or PD)?
    In addition, it'd be great if you happen to have another GS1350-6HP to test out if the particular device has the problem?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Zyxel_Lucious
  • imaohw
    @Zyxel_Lucious - I did see the System cold start log entries.  However the GS1350-6HP is plugged into a UPS.  That UPS did not report any power issues at the time the switch restarted.  I had been using a GS1900-10HP in the same location and had never seen any power issues.

I guess it is possible it is the power supply which is included with the GS1350-6HP.

I will swap the two cameras ports to see what happens.

Unfortunately I only have one GS1350 switch.  I was testing it out to see how well it would work in my environment before getting any others.
  • Zyxel小編 Lucious
    edited June 2020
    @imaohw

In addition, could you try enable "extended range" (in basic setting > port setup) for the port to see if it can resolve the port 1 problem.

Zyxel_Lucious
  • imaohw
    @Zyxel_Lucious  I can try extended range.  Why do you think that extended range is a possible solution.  The cable between the security camera and the GS1350-6HP is only 25 feet long.
  • Zyxel小編 Lucious
    @imaohw

Thanks for your cooperation, I will PM you to explain about our thoughts.