USG20W-VPN: Problems establishing Wifi connection / spontaneous reboots

All Replies

• thom_ko
    thom_ko Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @dudu,

no I didn’t get a bugfix from ZyXEL so far. I‘m still on V4.35(ABAR.3) and am waiting for a result of the analysis of my logs.

I‘ll post here if there’s any progress....
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @thom_ko & @dudu
    We are still investigating this issue, and any update, will let you know asap.
    Sorry for causing your inconvenience.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    edited April 2020
    @thom_ko & @dudu
    Regarding to this case,
    I have private message firmware to you. Please have a check.
  • thom_ko
    thom_ko Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    @Zyxel_Charlie
    Thanks for your feedback. I installed the firmware you sent me via private message and copied the same amount of data which I did before (which caused the router to reboot). This time it worked without any problems. I managed to copy an amount of around 10GB without any problems.

As while logging into my router I got the announcment for 4.38(ABAR.0) which was released recently, I also tested it with this version. I can confirm that 4.38(ABAR.0) still triggers the bug.

When will the bugfix be part of the official release?

• Zyxel_Charlie
    @thom_ko
    Since firmware v4.38 is ready, we would like to include this solution to next release.

• janatajan
    janatajan Posts: 1
    Friend Collector First Comment
    @thom_ko
    Since firmware v4.38 is ready, we would like to include this solution to next release.

When will this fix be ready? I'm also experiencing the same issue. Client is furious and I have to buy another device to replace this USG20W-VPN so the one I bought few weeks ago is just a waste of money for me.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @janatajan

Regarding to the USG20W-VPN issue, you can download the current patch from the link below 

Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sgF6Je59SCMw0fVToSfUYcDykGLSHGD0/view?usp=sharing

• Rigo
    Rigo Posts: 6
    First Comment
    getting firmware installed, my kids keep complaining that wifi goes away and the only thing that get it live again is a power cycle.  I also have laptop cooling fan connected to USB just to make it cozy and we have to power cycle about twice a week... this started to happen about a year after purchase and I only update firmware when there is an issue... so maybe this patch v4.38 will do the trick
  • Rigo
    Rigo Posts: 6
    First Comment
    janatajan said:
    Client is furious and I have to buy another device to replace this USG20W-VPN
    This is a big issue for little guys like us, we believe in ZYDEL products but quality control just has to be BETTER. Thanks Zyxel_Charlie for being here and helping us, really appreciated--its been a couple days since I installed V4.38(ABAR.0)ITS-WK19-r93724 from Gdrive link ;) and so far so good.
    At $200-250 20W price is ok, next up 40W $400, 60W $600 and so on just gets way out of reach for customers--and could you imagine if those models had firmware issues... ouch that would not look good on US and a quick way to look for other brand.
    I would like to continue to purchase and install the 20W but these issues related to firmware and Wifi just have to stop---either that or I am going to purchase non wireless box and install reliable APs as I was doing before.
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Rigo

It’s good to know it has fixed your issue.

This fix will also include in next FCS version which will release at Q3.

Security Highlight