Since upgrade to V4.35(AALB.3) my USG40W is rebooting when system tests are running

digitalpeak
digitalpeak Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Since upgrade to V4.35(AALB.3) my USG40W is rebooting when system tests are running. The system tests are selenium based and do run relative fast and are making connections to external sites like sandbox.paypal.com or openstreetmap. Before the upgrade there was no issue.

My whole network is looses the connection, and when I try to connect to the firewall all I see is an empty dialog with the title error message. After a few seconds, the firewall is not reachable for about 5 minutes.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

@digitalpeak

Can you access to device currently? If yes, I would like to check the diagnostic information.

Please private message to me.

The way to collect diag-information

Go to MAINTENANCE > Diagnostics > Diagnostics > Collect and click Collect Now.

After the collection is done, download the file at MAINTENANCE > Diagnostics > Diagnostics > Files.

• I'v opened a ticket already with the Ticket number 123471. Should I send it there?

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

@digitalpeak

Please try to use firmware recovery to upgrade USG40W to V4.35(AALB.3).

See Appendix 3. Firmware Recovery on page 102 in the release note.

ftp://ftp2.zyxel.com/USG40W/firmware/USG40W_4.35(AALB.3)C0_2.pdf

If the issue still appear after upgraded to V4.35(AALB.3), feel free to let me know.

Security Highlight