Zywall USG 110 WAN Failover

dcgtechnologies
dcgtechnologies Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Security

Hello.....I have another issue with the WAN Failover on the USG 110 and I followed a youtube video provided by Zyxel called "Zyxel USG Series - How to Setup WAN Failover" and followed the whole video as per the requited tutorial and when I tested it out and did the ping test to both WAN connections both connections were still up and running at the same time. I want to mention I have one USG Zywall 110 with one LAN1 connection along with two WAN connections provided by two different ISP's. I hope this does not matter. Should I follow a different scenario? Such as a WAN Trunk? I want one connection to be active (WAN1) until it becomes unavailable then failover to the second connection passive (WAN2) then becomes the active connection. In the tutorial it states that the WAN2 should not up and running and not respond to ping, but mine is always pinging so I was not able to get past the test. Does anyone else know why this would be or have a better tutorial I can follow? Thank you in advance.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,655  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

In routing you make a rule (top rule) for:

incoming Interface

member lan1

next hop

type Interface

interface wan1

advance

Healthy Check

check

Disable policy route automatically while Interface link down

and

Enable Connectivity Check

Put check this address your ISP gateway IP or DNS IP

Next rule (below the above rule)

incoming Interface

member lan1

next hop

type Interface

interface wan2

• dcgtechnologies
    dcgtechnologies Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

I did that in that exact order as that is exactly how the video instructed, but I did not the results as you indicated. The second connection was still pinging and never went to an inactive state. Thank you for your answer though. Do you happen to have any other suggestions?

Security Highlight