USG60 port forwarding (SFTP/FTP) does not work anymore

13»

All Replies

• Pedro_vde
    Pedro_vde Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Answer ✓

--- PROBLEM SOLVED ---

I had changed the incoming port on the Synology to port 115 in one of the attempts before and forgot to put it back to port 22. Stupid me...

anyway the solution to this issue:

USG is using port 22 for SSH, Synology uses port 22 standard for SFTP access. USG was thinking that an FTP-user would try to login to the USG and overruled the port forwarding NAT. USG rejected the attempt.

I've changed the USG SSH port to another port and have a NAT that forwards port 22 from the WAN to the Synology with the corresponding Security Policy.

• Pedro_vde
    Answer ✓

--- PROBLEM SOLVED ---

When attempting to solve the issue in one of the previous steps, I've changed the SFTP incoming port on the Synology to 115. I forgot about that. Changed back to port 22 and the problem is solved.

The issue was caused by the fact that the USG uses port 22 as the standard port to access SSH. I've changed the SSH port - as suggested by @USG_User - to another port.

I have a port forwarding NAT for port 22 that goes to the Synology with the according Security Policy and the setup is working now.

Thanks to @USG_User and @PeterUK to think along!

• Pedro_vde

--- PROBLEM SOLVED ---

When attempting to solve the issue in one of the previous steps, I've changed the SFTP incoming port on the Synology to 115. I forgot about that. Changed back to port 22 and the problem is solved.

The issue was caused by the fact that the USG uses port 22 as the standard port to access SSH. I've changed the SSH port - as suggested by @USG_User - to another port.

I have a port forwarding NAT for port 22 that goes to the Synology with the according Security Policy and the setup is working now.

Thanks to @USG_User and @PeterUK to think along!

• USG_User
    USG_User Posts: 369  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Great Pedro.

Stay healthy and buy-buy

Security Highlight