Vpn ipsec IKEv2 how many clients at a time

carteo
carteo Posts: 6
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Good morning,

I managed to create an Ipsec Ikev2 client to site vpn and it works well, the only problem I have is that no more than 4/5 users connect at a time.

Is it a configuration problem? For access I have configured windows client Win7 / Win10

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @carteo

What device model and which firmware are you current using?

Can you describe more detail about the symptom “the only problem I have is that no more than 4/5 users connect at a time.”?

• carteo
    First Comment

Hi @Jerry thanks for your answer, the model is USG40 with firmware V4.35(AALA.3) and my problem is that i have about 15 users that have to login with ipsec ikev2 but when there are 4+admin the others can't connect, when a user logged logout another users can login. I was wonder if is a bad configuration or other

• Zyxel_Jerry

Hi @carteo

How many tunnel is there on your site?

On USG40, it support 20 concurrent IPsec VPN tunnels.

Go to Monitor > VPN Monitor > IPSec 

Can you have a screenshot on this page?

• carteo
    First Comment

Here is the screenshot, the maximum number of connected users was 10 (9+admin) and just because i configured an ssl vpn so some users can connect with ikev2 and other with ssl. Now i've bought a licenze for 10 tunnel, do you think i solve my problem? When you say that usg40 support 20 concurrent ipsec tunnel you intend without other licenze? Because if it so there's something wrong in my configuration and i don't know where to look.

Thanks for your answer

• Zyxel_Jerry

Hi @carteo

Can you share the configuration of your IPSec VPN settings by using private message?

We can help to check if anything went wrong in your settings.

Security Highlight