Is it possible to automatically log into a Zyxel GS1900-8HP Switch by using html/php/js?

Fredderick
Fredderick Posts: 2
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch

Hello, I'm looking for a way to display the "virtual device"-overview of my Zyxel Switch (GS1900-8HP) on an other webpage (a webserver running on my raspberry pi).

Right now I'm displaying the "Virtual Device"-overview by using the "iframe" attribute in html. But for that, I always have to log into the management-website at first.

Is there a way to automatically log into the management-website with a monitoring user and keep the session alive in the background?

I've seen that the Login-Page (ipAdress/cgi-bin/dispatcher.cgi?cmd=0.html) uses JavaScript and so on, but I don't know how to call these functions to autologin via an external script.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Arisa
    Zyxel_Arisa Posts: 25  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hi @Fredderick

Welcome to Zyxel community!

From my understanding, you mainly would like to extend web session timeout for monitoring purpose, we suggest that you could configure HTTP/HTTPS session timeout via WEB GUI. The default value is 3 mins, you could extend it to maximum value 86400 mins (60 days).

Best Regards,

Arisa

All Replies

• Zyxel_Arisa
    Zyxel_Arisa Posts: 25  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hi @Fredderick

Welcome to Zyxel community!

From my understanding, you mainly would like to extend web session timeout for monitoring purpose, we suggest that you could configure HTTP/HTTPS session timeout via WEB GUI. The default value is 3 mins, you could extend it to maximum value 86400 mins (60 days).

Best Regards,

Arisa

• Hello Arisa,

i guess this would do the job. Many thanks for your respond.

Kind regards,

Fredderick