What's New for ZLD 4.35 on USG series

Zyxel_Forum_Admin
Zyxel_Forum_Admin Posts: 125  Admin
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
Thank you for choosing ZyWALL USG series. Zyxel is committed to continuously update your devices for the most advanced features. This latest http:// release further enhances ZyWALL USG Firewall‘s network protection including:

• Bundled with a 1-year SecuReporter License (7-Day Log Retention)
               - In-depth analytics turn device logs into security insights
               - User analytics identify high risk users within your network
               - Reports deliver security analysis that cater to your needs
  • Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) Support
               Secure your admin account by providing Email and SMS option to deliver verification code for
               authentication.
  • Microsoft Azure VPN Certified
              ZyWALL USG series is one of the few in the market, to have both Microsoft Azure and
              Amazon VPC certification. Deliver unparalleled flexibility, scalability, and convenience
              to SMBs with hybrid networks (on-site and cloud-based infrastructure).
  • Wireless AP & Hotspot Management improvements
              - With AP Controller 3.40 which supports new wave2 11ac access point (NWA5123-AC-HD,
                WAC6303D-S, WAC6552D-S) 
              - USG60/60W support Hotspot Management feature
  • IPSec key exchange supports Diffie-Hellman groups 15,16,18

Release Date: October 9th, 2019

Supported Models: ZyWALL 110/ ZyWALL 310/ ZyWALL 1100/ USG20-VPN/ USG20W-VPN/ USG40/ USG40W/ USG60/ USG60W/ USG110/ USG210/ USG310/ USG1100/ USG1900/ USG2200 Series 

Comments

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Posts: 39  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments
    Hallo,
    can you pls. tell us on which Weekl Build this Firmware is based?
    Newer than 4.33 WK35?
    Thx
    Wolfgang
  • RiKa
    RiKa Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Today I did the update on the ZLD 4.35. Since then I can perform several settings such as changing Firwall rules only via the Easy Mode. That is not practical...can i change this feature???
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Wolfgang,
    4.35 is a new release includes new features. To understand if your device is proper to upgrade to the 4.35 or not, you may need to review the purpose why you upgrade your device firmware to 4.33WK35 since some later fixes may not be included in the 4.35 in time because of 4.35 release schedule. For more information, you can refer to the release note. 
  • Hello,

i just have upgraded one of three Zywalls. After a fluent upgrade process the Zywall came up like normal, but: I was not able to connect via VPN from the outside. Going back to 4.33 brought the working VPN back!! Has anybody else seen the same issue?

• Zyxel_Emily

Hi @Robertm,

I load your configuration our ZyWALL 1100 to run the test.

What I modified in the configuration file is:

1. ge1 IP address

2. Add a local user "emily" and move it to the group for L2TP VPN "vpn-user-gruppe"

Other settings remain the same as yours.

First, I use firmware 4.33 WK35 to run the test. L2TP VPN is connected from iPhone.

Then upgrade ZyWALL 1100 to 4.35 and iPhone is still able to build L2TP VPN.

Here are the screen shots for your reference.

• Kauzig
    Kauzig Posts: 1
    Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @Zyxel_Emily

I got the same problem like @Robertm!

I tried to use a local user on the zyxel and it worked for one time, after that it just didn't accept my credentials.

• Zyxel_Emily

Hi @Kauzig,

We need the configuration file to check the symptom. I've contacted you in private message for more information.