[NEBULA] Android App AP description

Fastnet
Fastnet Posts: 8
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula

Hi

Is it possible to add the "description" of an AP in the android NEBULA application ?

We use the "description" to place the information regarding the room where is physically located the AP and very useful in the control center, but this information does not appear in the mobile phone app...

OB

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Tobias
    Zyxel_Tobias Posts: 200  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited October 2019
    Dear @Fastnet
    Please bear with us for longer reaction time here!
    This is a good suggestion!
    Right now, I verify it and it can´t display in mobile APP under Android.I´ll sync with the related Teams internally and come back to you with a conclusion in next few days.
    Please wait my feedback here, I´ll come back to you shortly.
    Kind Regards,

Tobias

• TomorrowOcean
    TomorrowOcean Posts: 59  Ally Member
    Why don't you configure the room name on AP's name instead of AP's description?
  • Why don't you configure the room name on AP's name instead of AP's description?
    good question ! in my situation this could solve the problem but it does not change the problem that the description could not be seen in the mobile APP
  • RUnglaube
    RUnglaube Posts: 135  Ally Member
    I wouldn't call it a problem, to me it just looks like the APP doesn't include everything as NCC, more like the simplified yet important information. In my case, I don't use description or tags, so I don't miss them on the APP. 

I'm not saying it shouldn't be added tho
    "You will never walk along"
  • If you add in the description by example useful information to physically find the AP, it could be useful that the technician that goes onsite with his smartphone could access this information !
  • RUnglaube
    RUnglaube Posts: 135  Ally Member
    If that's the issue, I would either use the name as suggested by @TomorrowOcean or I would take a photo of the AP location, which also allows you to use phone GPS to locate the device on google maps.You know, a picture is worth a thousand words, as people say...

Again, I'm not telling it shouldn't be added, just trying to help with other ways :-)
    "You will never walk along"

Nebula Tips & Tricks