New 4.35 firmware upgrade

zyman2008
zyman2008 Posts: 197  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited April 2021 in Security
Just upgrade new 4.35 on my ZyWALL110. Everything is going well so far.
Keep monitoring.

I like the new web console. Since the old JAVA console is useless without browser support for a long time.

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    A bad experience about an upgrade/update...
    USG40 on 4.33 WK30, starting configuration from a converted USG100 3.30 patch 7.
    After updating on 4.35 the configuration failed blatantly to be applied, and the device turned back to default. Also, appling the 4.33 configuration backup failed.
    After 30 minutes since reboot most important services were up.
    After 2h of object adding, service creating and some other checkups, only "service" L2TP and SSL VPN are missing.

Maybe the converted configuration were part of the issue, i don't know. Luckily i did upgrade onsite. So i were able to start again from scratch.

To other folks: if your device comes from a converted configuration (3.x ZLD) consider seriously to be onsite before try.
  • iSpeed
    iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for the updates. I just updated a USG40w as a test pilot.  Upgrade went fine without issues. Monitoring and will update if there are any issues.  2 WiFi NWA5121's attached alsol
  • itxnc
    itxnc Posts: 98  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited October 2019
    I've updated a couple units so far. Fairly smooth - one the web console would not come up. Executing no ip http secure-server and then ip http secure-server which kind of restarts it got it working. Other than that - no issues.

Love the 2FA - very smooth and easy to setup and use (email anyway. Not paying for the SMS unless a client really wants it)

It's not 100% clear but if you had tried out Secureporter earlier and want the trial - you have to login to MyZyxel and in the services tab activate the trial against the device. I didn't get the blue banner up top like I do with new ATP units. But once I did that - it applied like a champ.
  • USG_User
    USG_User Posts: 369  Master Member
    Hi Guys,
    Is ZLD 4.35 still running fine with you after some days? We plan to update our USG110 from 4.33 to 4.35 soon, but don't have a duplicated test system here. That's why the 4.35 has to run properly at our production network.
  • zyman2008
    zyman2008 Posts: 197  Master Member
    ZW110, uptime: 6days,4 hrs after upgrade 4.35
    - 100Mbps PPPoE WAN link
    - 2 site-to-site tunnels
    - 3 NAT rules
    - Content Filter enabled

Working fine.
  • Hi all,

I updated last evening from 4.33 and hat two CPU usage peaks since then. 

Did anyone else experienced this? Device is like down during the peaks. No WAN, no webinterface, nothing. Downtime was around 5-10 minutes.

device: USG40
  • CDS
    CDS Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Same issue here on my USG210. After upgrading from 4.33 to 4.35 fallback to default config with labling the previous config as "bad".

I neither have time nor do I feel like re-configuring everything from scratch, so for now I'm bach at 4.33 .
    Any ideas on how to identify what is the issue in my conig?
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,279  Zyxel Employee

Hi @CDS,

Connect console and collect console logs when you upgrade the device from 4.33 to 4.35.

If it failed to apply startup configuration file, you'll find the reason in "ERROR:".

Security Highlight