Sporadic Websites not opening - Content Filter Issue

iSpeed
iSpeed Posts: 110  Ally Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I keep running across occasional websites that will not open and there is no warning message from ATP. When I turn off content filter they open normally. Not many just occasional websites. My guess is they are unrated websites that should warn from ATP, but end up just failing as if site is down. Anyone else. Known issue?

All Replies

• lalaland
    lalaland Posts: 90  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi iSpeed,
    Could you provide some URL of unrated websites?
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,280  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @iSpeed,

We'd like to check if the behavior is correct.

Could you give us some example of unrated websites to check the symptom?

• iSpeed
    I've had a few, but this is one of them. https://workoutwithcc.com/

I have a client that has an ATP200 and similar issues. Just a few sites.

When I turn off the content filter it goes through. Once opened I can turn filter on again and it continues to work. I can't spend a lot of time on this, but wanted techs to be aware of the bug.

I believe it's action for unrated pages "warn" that it's not sending the warning and just acts like the site is unavailable.
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Hi @iSpeed,

The website https://workoutwithcc.com/ belongs to the category "Fashion & Beauty", not unrated websites.

Could you give us other examples of unrated website?

• iSpeed
    Emily, I misdiagnosed as unrated page error the category "Fashion and Beauty" is not checked in the content filter and could not reach site. When I turned off the content filter the site responded.  Turn filter back on and site continues to respond.
  • Zyxel_Emily
    edited October 2019
    Hi @iSpeed,

Enter the URL to check what category of the URL is. 
    You can check if the URL is unrated website or one of the category of the managed website.
    If you select some categories in Managed Categories and set the Action for Managed Web Pages as Block, it means the selected categories will be blocked. There are only Block and Pass actions for Managed websites.
    Feel free to let me know if you have further questions.

• iSpeed
    Emily, The problem still exists. It's a bug where the site won't open with content filter on and it is not in one of the checked categories.  It's been just a few websites so far.  I'm also having a problem with windows updates when category filter is on. Hopefully v4.35 will improve the situation. This is only on ATP series that I can tell. I'd like to sell more of these, just need to feel confident they are not buggy.
  • sk8erbender
    sk8erbender Posts: 74  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

It's not content filter

See in logs

IP Reputation Malicious connection:Exploits,BotNets,Phishing,Anonymous Proxies,Mobile Th

23.227.38.32:443

It's the ip reputation

• iSpeed

sk8er I don't have IP reputation turned on in this case. FWIW the 4.35 firmware seems to have resolved it.

Security Highlight