Since the Multy X updated to the lastest firmware version. My connect randomly shows no internet acc

Options
DarronG
DarronG Posts: 1
First Anniversary
edited October 2020 in Multy WiFi System
When I check the link speed is very low.
I have to disconnect and reconnect from the mobile to the router.
I'm only 2 meters from the Multy. This as never occurred until the firmware update

#Multy_Oct_2020

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Dear Sir, 

1.Please kindly provide your network topology.
    2.What is the LED light on your Multy device when the disconnection issue happen?
    3.How do you check the speed is slow?
    4.Can you have some screenshot of the Multy APP about the disconnection issue?
    5.Have ever reset your Multy X?
      If no, please refer to the below article to reset your Multy device.

When click "send feedback" on the Multy APP, it will generate a log on it.
    Please send the feedback on the Multy APP, we'll base on the log to clarify your issue.
    And please make sure all the device can be seen on the Multy APP before sending us the feedback

Best regards,
    Jerry
  • Johan K
    Options
    I experience a similar behavior after latest firmware update.
    We have 2 Multy X, and use profiles to block internet for the kids on separate profiles (3 kids, 2 parents, 1 profile for domestic devices). Total number of devices about 20, 2 wired units, the rest is wireless. 

In the evening, after the kids profile schedule settings starts blocking, the internet speed for the parental devices are dropping to very low speeds (<1Mbps), preventing video streaming to handheld devices. 

If I use "Quick allow" on ALL the kids profiles, then speed on parental devices are again ok. Allowing just one of the kids profiles does not help. 

After turning blocking schedule back on for all kids profiles, speed is still ok on parental devices. 

Connection from both Multys to internet is stable at 80+ Mbps all the time, internal between Multys is 500Mbps. 

The speed reduction appears both for devices connected to profiles, and for separate devices not included in any profile. 

Please fix this.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,062  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Dear Sir, 

1.Can you have some screenshots of the Multy APP about the throughput issue?
       (1)What are the settings of the profile?
    2. Please check what is the current firmware version on the Multy devices.
    3.How do you check the speed on your Multy?

When click "send feedback" on the Multy APP, it will generate a log on it.
    Please send the feedback on the Multy APP.

Best regards,
    Jerry

Consumer Product Help Center