MULTY PLUS (WSQ60) Backhaul WiFi Visibilty

Niemam
Niemam Posts: 3  Freshman Member

Hello, 

I've noticed that after last update I've made this Monday backhaul Wi-Fi network started to be visible. You can see it in the picture. It’s definitely not my admin WiFi network and none of the employee our gest either.  I haven't noticed that before the update it was visible and I would prefer that it would stay hidden. Can you please tell me if and how I can do it? 

Best regards, 
Aleksander

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited October 2020
    Dear Sir,

1. Can you list down all the device which "can" search wifi WSQ60-qqih... and take a picture then send to us?
       hat model and OS version is the device?
    2. Can you list down all the devices that "cannot" search wifi WSQ60-qqih...?
       What model and OS version are the devices?
    3. Please reset and reboot the multy and check if the symptom still occurs.

Best regards,
    Jerry
  • Niemam
    Hello,

The problematic network was seen by devices with 5Ghz WiFi cards (laptops/smartphones).
    I've rebooted and reset both of my MULTY. After reboot there was no change. After reset the network is gone but on both of my laptops with 5Ghz cards I can still see a "Hidden network" SSID. Also when when I use WiFi Analyser on my phone I can see "?" network with the same device  MAC addresses as in my Urwipolcie network. 

Best regards,
    Aleksander
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,026  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Dear Sir,

The backhaul wifi is hidden by default, it will display in the scanner list when you try to scan the wifi on your scanner, it is normal behavior,
    By the way, can you provide what model and OS version is the device that can see the backhaul wi-fi?

Best regards,
    Jerry
  • Niemam
    Hello, 

I can see the "Hidden Network" on my Dell Latitude 7400 with Windows10 without any additional applications
    With WiFi Analyser i can see it on Samsung Galaxy Note10+ with Android. 

Best Regards,
    Aleksander 

Consumer Product Help Center