NSA310

jeffjohn1941
jeffjohn1941 Posts: 71  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited June 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
Could someone kindly explain Sync vs Copy?
I have files stored in Music on the NSA and copied them to an external USB drive using the 'Copy' function. I have since added new files on the NSA and need to update the USB drive. How do I best perform an Update please? Thanks, Jeff

#NAS_June_2020

Jeff J Purcell, New Forest, Uk and France, 44290

Accepted Solution

• Mel
    Mel Posts: 83  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    I think the main difference is that "Copy"  can create a new folder for your new files and also keep the old files at the same time and "Sync" will replace the old files with new files. Therefore, if you want to keep the old files, I suggest using "Copy" and create a new folder for the new files.

All Replies

• Mel
  • jeffjohn1941
    jeffjohn1941 Posts: 71  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    I had read that one, thanks. I'm trying to add a couple more new files to my backup without rewriting the whole lot. I don't really understand what Sync would do.
    Jeff J Purcell, New Forest, Uk and France, 44290
  • Mel
    Answer ✓
    I think the main difference is that "Copy"  can create a new folder for your new files and also keep the old files at the same time and "Sync" will replace the old files with new files. Therefore, if you want to keep the old files, I suggest using "Copy" and create a new folder for the new files.

Consumer Product Help Center