Multy U won't see modem after new setup

Andrey
Andrey Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited March 2020 in Multy WiFi System
Hi, I just decided to reset the whole Multy U setup in my home, and now when I'm doing the initial steps - the app doesn't go past "connect cable to modem" step, and the Multy LED itself is Green/Blue instead of Solid Blue. And the modem shows that the cable is unplugged. The same cable plugged directly into laptop provides normal Internet connection.
Any ideas?

#MultyU_Mar_2020

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Dear Sir,

Thanks for the information, the color means the Multy is ready to install. However, your App keep shows the Multy requires a connection to Modem.
    Please make sure the connection is on WAN port of Multy, but not LAN port, and only one Multy is turn on.

If it still not works, please try to connect the PC to the WAN port of Multy, and start the installation.
    Please also check the Ethernet connection on your PC, it should show the Ethernet connection with something.

BR,
    Eric

All Replies

• Zyxel_Eric
    edited March 2020
    Dear Sir,

1. Can you provide the picture of Green/Blue LED on Multy?
    Please note, do not press the reset button while the Multy is glowing White LED. Otherwise, it will turn green, and not able to work properly, but it can be fixed after a reboot. 
    2. Have you tried to install another unit instead? 

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • Andrey
    Hello Eric, 

Thanks for your reply! 
    1. Here is the picture, it really look more like Azure, but I can see the bottom lit up Blue and top - Green, this happens after initial boot (white slow pulsing).

2. Yes, I tried the second one (which in initical setup was node 2), the same.

To me it feels like something went wrong when I deleted my existing site in the Multy app and both devices went into some sort of error, which can't be resolved by resetting them (holding reset button until amber fast pulsing appears).

Regards,
    Andrey
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Answer ✓
    Dear Sir,

Thanks for the information, the color means the Multy is ready to install. However, your App keep shows the Multy requires a connection to Modem.
    Please make sure the connection is on WAN port of Multy, but not LAN port, and only one Multy is turn on.

If it still not works, please try to connect the PC to the WAN port of Multy, and start the installation.
    Please also check the Ethernet connection on your PC, it should show the Ethernet connection with something.

BR,
    Eric

• Andrey
    Hi Eric,

The tric with laptop cable helped to resolve the issue. In the end it turned out to be the faulty cable, which in certain position was loosing connection. 

Thanks!

Consumer Product Help Center