How to add specific IP Address to Whitelist in AiShield?

Options
hirte_7
hirte_7 Posts: 14  Freshman Member
edited March 2020 in Multy WiFi System
Hi, I see significant performance issues (50% less speed) when running AiShield. Currently the performance test is not even starting as AiShield seems to block all used IP Addresses from the performance app. When disabling AiShield the service starts immediately. I do not exactly know what IP Addresses are used by the App - any change to add the app itself to the Whitelist? 

#MultyX_Mar_2020

All Replies

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Dear Sir,

1. If you didn't add the app into the content filter of the profile, and we will not block the traffic from that app.
    2. Did you add your phone into an AiShield Profile which have set a high-level content filter?
    Please share your profile setting, and we can clarify your issue.

3. Can you share the performance App that you mentioned?

4.  You mentioned: When disabling AiShield the service starts immediately. 
    How did you disable AiShield for the service work?

• hirte_7
    Options
    Hi
    the cnlab speedtest (on Mac) is not listed as app in the content filter, hence can not be filtered. I disabled the intrusion prevention service and added several IP Addresses to the whitelist which I figured out from the speedtest tool. After that I was able to perform the test. 

The Tool is from cnlab.ch/speedtest and runs on MacOS. UPC usses the service as reference system. 

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Dear Sir,
    We have downloaded cnlab speedtest tool in Macbook, but we didn't see the issue on it.
    1. Is it possible for you to send a screenshot of AIShield and the treat record that blocked IP from the cnlab speedtest tool.

2. Can you also try to run the test on website, speedtest.net, will the result be a different?

• hirte_7
    Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I am attaching the web addresses I added in AiShield as "Whitelist". I figured these out with Little Snitch while cnlab tried to perform its test. After adding these addresses, cnlab started and performed its test. Without these addresses, cnlab tries to reach the reference server and fails. An error message appears saying that the reference server is not reachable. 

Consumer Product Help Center