Routing or NAT to DMZ

Options
Lmaune
Lmaune Posts: 3  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I have a webserver in DMZ on my usg100. It is configured with NAT, Name- webserver , interface Wan1, original IP - any, mapped IP .= Webserv (192.168.3.5 ), protocol - tcp, original port - http. Loading pictures, and browsing this websight is really slow! Is there a better way to configure this? And How.... I have tried to route http traffic from web1 - dmz, without any luck..

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hello Lmaune,
    As your description,
    I want to confirm that the webserver can be accessed but the during browsing, the speed is very slowly?
    Moreover, I want to check the configuration on NAT page, please screenshot for me.
    Charlie

• Lmaune
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi, there is no problem accessing the webpage, but while browsing it it suddenly just stops.... buffering....
    My ISP says it is because of NAT and DMZ. They say we should use routing instead..
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,758  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Maybe your modem connection is the problem?

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hello Lmaune,
    Lmaune said:
    Hi, there is no problem accessing the webpage, but while browsing it it suddenly just stops.... buffering....
    My ISP says it is because of NAT and DMZ. They say we should use routing instead..

I want to confirm that what is your meaning "webpage"(Surf Internet)?
    or you mean access to your local server?
    Charlie

• Lmaune
    First Comment
    Options
    Charlie, meaning that we have a published webserver in our network. Local network is on LAN 1: 192.168.1.0
    Webserver is on DMZ: 192.168.3.0 and has ip 192.168.3.5
    We us NAT to let external users access our website)

• Jeremylin
    Jeremylin Posts: 166  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I did similar nat configuration without any issue. Are there any functions working on your USG? The remote client can access server but it takes for a while. I think the problem maybe on the modem. Using speedtest to check your internet speed first(compare the speed that the PC behind USG or modem).

Security Highlight