SBG3500-N Bonded VDSL

2»

Comments

• Boerk
    Boerk Posts: 18  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment

For tripple play environment, we need two broadband connections with each a PPPOE session with each its own VLAN number. Each broadband connection routed to a local (V)LAN.

Connection1 TV : WAN VDSL, PPPOE, Vlan 4, routing => LAN Vlan 4,            192.168.1.1/
    Connection2 Inet: WAN VDSL, PPPOE, Vlan 6, routing => LAN Vlan 6, DHCP 192.168.2.254/24,

@Kasper had two broadband PPPOE sessions working so I don't understand your explanation.

If some cheap ass ZTE router is able to handle tripple play, then I may hope that a E300,- device also can.

@Kasper said:
    I've had it working by:
    1. Create VDSL WAN interface PPPoE NAT/DHCP etc on that same page enable VLAN 6 (for my provider might be different for you)
    2. Create second wan interface choose VDSL again but this time set it to bridge and tag vlan 4 (in my case for IPTV).
    3. On interface group/VLAN create a interface VLAN 4 tagged on lets say port 4.
    4. Disable EVERYTHING related to DHCP on the newly created LAN interface/VLAN but leave IGMP snooping enabled.

This works with a STB directly on a port of the zyxel. Strangely enough it works even if I change the STB from port 4 to 3 so maybe step 4 isn't doing anything (bug). The key is the second bridged WAN interface as soon as i remove that while watching TV it stops working.

It could be btw that your provider recquires routed IPTV in that case you have to add specific routing and DHCP rules. That means that the STB's will get a normal LAN IP but by following the special rules they can connect to the IPTV platform as well.

That is usually the case for providers that offer stuff as Netflix and youtube on their STB's. In my case my provider offers both and i opt to use the bridge type because then the bandwidth is not shared with my LAN :-)

I am now trying to figure out how to transport VLAN 4 to the next switch and another 2 switches after that. Zyxel support is very silly indeed. I used to have a draytek (unfortunately no bonding) and on that one it just worked out of the box. This is a 275 euro BUSINESS device and it can't handle vlans properly it seems.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,450  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Boerk
    Well noted about your concern. However, as Zyxel Charlie mentioned in other discussion thread, it is not supported in current design.

Security Highlight