entware on NSA320

Options
canute
canute Posts: 9  Freshman Member
edited November 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
I accidentally uninstalled Entware on my NSA320.
I'm not able to reinstall it through the Web Admin packages page (That page doesn't Retrieve any new list from internet nor does install change anything in /opt directory)
Does anyone know how to fix this?

#NAS_Oct_2018

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    But when I try to install Entware(It completes to 100%), I don't see anything installed in /opt. That directory is still empty.
    Can you have a look at the logs in /usr/local/zy-pkgs/opt/var/log?

Is there any way for me to install the Entware package from command line?
    Theoretically yes. You can follow the script in /usr/local/zy-pkgs/etc/init.d/Entware-ng. But it's not straightforward, and get it started on boot isn't simple either.

All Replies

• canute
    Options
    I tried to use this as the new Repository link and followed instructions from https://web.archive.org/web/20180324144301/http://zyxel.nas-central.org/wiki/3rd_party_zypkgs. I see the new merged list obtained alright.

But when I try to install Entware(It completes to 100%), I don't see anything installed in /opt. That directory is still empty.

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Can you have a look at the logs in /usr/local/zy-pkgs/opt/var/log?

Theoretically yes. You can follow the script in /usr/local/zy-pkgs/etc/init.d/Entware-ng. But it's not straightforward, and get it started on boot isn't simple either.

• canute
    Options
    The log file at /usr/local/zy-pkgs/opt/var/log eventually worked. I found that my DNS was pointed to some bad address. Once I fixed that and some permissioning issues in /opt folder, I was able to install Entware throught the Web admin page.

Consumer Product Help Center