How to enable Samba log

2»

Comments

• Varfalamey
    Varfalamey Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    After reboot NAS I was checked /tmp/Tweaks.log. All daemons was started. But adding "touch /tmp/${PKG_NAME}.log" to line 337 gives me 500 error at http://NAS/pkg/Tweaks/pkgcgi.cgi.
    Delete that line and rebbot NAS.
    If I stop samba (/etc/init.d/samba.sh stop), samba continue working. If I restart samba (/etc/init.d/samba.sh restart), samba continue working without --configfile=/etc/samba/smb.conf.Tweaks.
    Any ideas?
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,600  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    If I stop samba (/etc/init.d/samba.sh stop), samba continue working. If I restart samba (/etc/init.d/samba.sh restart), samba continue working without --configfile=/etc/samba/smb.conf.Tweaks.

Have you checked if samba.sh is patched?

grep Tweaks /etc/init.d/samba.sh

gives me 500 error
    That's a syntaxerror in the script. pkgcgi.cgi sources init.d/Tweaks when the webinterface is called. You can check for syntaxerrors with

sh /i-data/sysvol/.PKG/Tweaks/etc/init.d/Tweaks

it should run without errors (without any output at all, actually.

The lines around the adaption should be something like

chown root:nobody ${TWEAKS_CONFFILE}
        chmod 660 ${TWEAKS_CONFFILE}
        touch /tmp/${PKG_NAME}.log
        Log "Deamon     load plugins"

• Varfalamey
    Yes, of course. /etc/init.d/samba.sh was patched.
    touch /tmp/${PKG_NAME}.log run with errors.
    Only reinstall get effect.
  • Varfalamey
    And after another reboot of nas there only one way to use Samba Tweaks - reinstall it. What should I check additionally?
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,600  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    I really don't know. On my box I can see in top that the different config file is applied. And I don't see how reinstalling would do something different than dis- and enabling Tweaks or dis- and enabling this specific Tweak.
    Unless you have something strange in your custom smb.conf, causing side effects.

Consumer Product Help Center