Daisy Chain on Multy

Options
Gulstripe
Gulstripe Posts: 9  Freshman Member
edited April 2018 in Multy WiFi System
Hi everyone.
After the newest update, daisy chain is finally an option to which to choose. But after running the speed diagnostics I'm confused... (2018/04/04 23:46:41)
I'm sharing a screenshot from my latest speedtest while on daisy chain and I find it strange that my number one node "Vaskerom" acts like it still on star topology setup. Notice the speed check from node to node (not internet - node) It appears like the main node "Vaskerom" is checking the speed to nodes 2 "Hall Nyhehuset" and node 3 "Stue/kjøkken" separately, like its still in Star topology.
I hoped and expected it to be "Vaskerom" to "Hall Nyehuset" to Stue/kjøkken" (node 1 to node 2 and node 2 to node 3)
Appreciate all feedback on the matter. 

#MultyX_April

All Replies

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Notice the speed check from node to node (not internet - node) It appears like the main node "Vaskerom" is checking the speed to nodes 2 "Hall Nyhehuset" and node 3 "Stue/kjøkken" separately, like its still in Star topology.
    > This is current design (from 1st node to other nodes). Multy X is supported dynamic daisy chain. It means if 3rd node getting a stronger signal from 1st node (better than 2nd node), it will connect to 1st node automatically.
    I hoped and expected it to be "Vaskerom" to "Hall Nyehuset" to Stue/kjøkken" (node 1 to node 2 and node 2 to node 3).
    > Thanks for your feature request in Multy X, we will evaluate it. And I have moved this post to Ideas Discussions.

Consumer Product Help Center