Multy U AC2100 problems, node restarts on high load and another node stopped working correctly

Oystein Hermansen
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Multi U Wifi Mesh from Zyxel.  3 nodes, firmware V1.00(ABMY11)CO (latest version).

Main unit running in BRIDGE MODE.  Node 2 and 3 connected to main unit using wireless only.  
System was first installed in October 2020 with two SSIDs (one for 2.4 and one for 5 Ghz) and has been running without any problems since then.  But in December (week 51/52) I got problems.

Node 3 starting acting strange.  Used Wifi-scanner and found that it had stopped broadcasting the SSID for 5 Ghz.  Tried to restart all units.  Did not correct the problem.  Wifi scanner found all 3 three back-bone channels open (Main - Node 2, Main - Node 3, Node 2 to Node 3).  But Node 3 refused to broadcast SSID for 5 Ghz, only the SSID for 2.4 Ghz. 

Removed Node 3 using the app on my iPhone and powered it off.  Restarted the whole system (Main unit and Node 2).  A Wifi-scan shows the back-bone channel on 5 Ghz and 2 SSIDs available (2.4 and 5 Ghz) from each node (Main and Node 2).  System seems to work ok, but I have experienced an unplanned reboot of Node 2 two times.  My AppleTV and smart-TV is connected to Node 2 using Ethernet through a switch (historic reasons). Node 2 functions as both a wired-wireless gateway (which it supports and have done without problems for 2 months) and as a mesh unit broadcasting SSIDs for 2.4 and 5 Ghz.

There are currently between 15 and 20 active (from time to time) wifi clients using the SSIDs.

By using Wifi-scanner, I see that the Wifi network is not overcrowded and should provide no problems.

Problem as I see it:
1) Why did Node 3 stopped working like it should and not broadcasting and allowing connections over 5 Ghz?

2) If I sit approx 3 meter (in my living room) my laptop is connected to Node 2.   Starting a Speedtest from (speedtest.net) will force a reboot of Node 2 approx 30% (⅓) of the times.  I am connected to a 100 mbps Internet using fiber.  
If I do the same speedtests using the Speedtest app from my AppleTV connected to Node 2, it never reboots.  I get a 95/95 mbps from my AppleTV.  From my laptop (Apple Macbook Pro) I get the same results (95/95 mbps) if Node 2 doesn´t reboot.  Such reboots of Node 2 have also happend if there are many clients connected to Node 2 and they create much traffic (TCP/UDP traffic). 

Any advice?  

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,024  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Dear Sir,

We have received your feedback from Multy App, and we will contact you via email. 

Best regards,
    Jerry