Using a POE Injector with Nebula WAP

Options
jheitz
jheitz Posts: 2
First Anniversary
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi- i want to use a POE injector with NWA1123-ACv2.  But the WAP doesn't seem to power up when I use the injector. It works fine with the included power adapter, and the integrity of the CAT6 has been checked and is fine.  I purchased a TP-Link Gigabit PoE.  Model TL-POE150S. Do I need a specific one? Is there something I have to do via software to get the WAP power on when using the injector?  I am stuck.  Thank you

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jheitz ,
    The NWA1123-ACv2 only needs the 802.3af power supply to boot up. So, the PoE injector supported 802.3af should be able to boot up the AP. Please try to use the other injector or PoE switch to check if the AP can be booted up. Otherwise, if you have the other NWA1123-ACv2, you may check that if it can be booted up by using the same injector.
    The Zyxel PoE injector is PoE12-HP which can support 802.3af/at power. Here's the link for your reference. 
    https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/802-3af-at-PoE-Injector-PoE12-HP/overview#benefits
    Thanks.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jheitz ,
    The NWA1123-ACv2 only needs the 802.3af power supply to boot up. So, the PoE injector supported 802.3af should be able to boot up the AP. Please try to use the other injector or PoE switch to check if the AP can be booted up. Otherwise, if you have the other NWA1123-ACv2, you may check that if it can be booted up by using the same injector.
    The Zyxel PoE injector is PoE12-HP which can support 802.3af/at power. Here's the link for your reference. 
    https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/802-3af-at-PoE-Injector-PoE12-HP/overview#benefits
    Thanks.

Nebula Tips & Tricks