which USG is the right one for me?

Wookie
Wookie Posts: 45  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi folks

I've been using Zyxel devices for years and right now I am looking for a new USG as my ISP upgraded my connection. I would appreciate your suggestions and try to describe my hardware and use-case as good as I can.

ISP: 300 Mbit down / 30Mbit up / before 100 down/10 up
Firewall: USG40 (no need for integrated Wifi)
Switches: GS1900-8HP
APs: NWA-1123ac v2

As of now I get around 90Mbit (speedtest) via Wifi (5Ghz) and activated AV/IDP and CF.  I've been looking at the USG 100 Flex, NSG100 or maybe ATP100.

My goal is to get as close to the ISP download-speed as possible. The USG100 Flex should do it, at least if I rely on the specs.

What are your thoughts/recommendations?

Regards from Switzerland

Andreas

All Replies

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Wookie
    Regarding your description,
    The USG Flex 100 could suitable for your scenario, especially you can choose from a single license whenever you need such as Web Filtering, Anti-Malware, SecuReporter Premium, and more.
    The introduction of USG Flex 100 as your reference
    https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/USG-FLEX-Firewall-USG-FLEX-100/why-usg-flex
  • Wookie
    Wookie Posts: 45  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hi Charlie

Thanks for your quick reply. What about the ATP100? I am asking the question because it has slighter better performance. I would go for the whole license package on both devices.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Wookie
    You can check following information as your reference.
    If you are Business (Banking, Finance, Enterprise ,Hospital) with highly confidential digital assets required advanced security protection. You can choose ATP + Sandboxing as the solution. The cloud-based sandbox solution designed to stop threats and protect your data

If you are Business/individual (School, institution) required multiple security functions. You can choose USG FLEX + UTM License. Consolidate multiple security and networking functions all into one.

Security Highlight