Firmware update appears to be stuck

Off
Off Posts: 1
edited April 2021 in Security
I apologise if this is the wrong forum but looking for help. I purchased the USG60 today with firmware 4.33 on it. I am no trading to upgrade to 4.39 firmware however it has been going for over an hour. Is this normal? How long should this take or any advice?  Thanks in advance.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Off,

The complete firmware update may take up to 5 minutes with default configuration file.

If the device didn't upgrade to 4.39 successfully, reboot USG60 manually and check what version is in the Running partition.

If the running partition is still 4.33, try to upload firmware 4.39 to the Standby partition.

• ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    i can report, the uplod to USG without reboot after upload is running, but @Zyxel_Emily it's different to other vendors, cause the other refresh the upload progress bar and tell you "upload successfull to solt x". At ZyXEL the progress bar is running until you reconnect to USG to check the upload is still placed in the slot on USG  ;)

before you upgrade, please connect also to COM Port at the USG and configure Putty for Serial connection to see the upgrade process in the Serail screen =) that can help you to locate an issue or the rollback message in the serial window.
    In my case it takes 10-12 minutes for an firmware upgrade, cause i've arround 189 rules and a lot of address/service elements configured B)

regards and good luck
    Christian

Security Highlight