USG60W Throughout went from 500Mbps download to 70Mbps after UTP services expired

RCP
RCP Posts: 17  Freshman Member
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi Team,

My USG60W performance has went down from 500Mbps down to 70Mbps shortly after my UTP services expired. I only really tested the Content Filtering service for one month and everything was disabled. Now I have disabled content filtering and I still get poor speeds.

I have already connected directly to my router and I am getting the correct speeds so there is no problem with my ISP.

@Zyxel_Stanley any thoughts? Nothing changed in my configuration.

Thanks

All Replies

• RCP
    edited July 2020
    I have discovered the problem. It looks like I had to set the ports to auto negotiate (already on that before). Went through the logs and all I did was a graceful shutdown and startup but this shouldn't have happened surely?!?!?!
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited July 2020

Hi @RCP,
    Supposedly this shouldn't happen. If you reboot the ISP router again, will the same symptoms occur?

• RCP
    Hi @Zyxel_Cooldia,

I've tested again and it did happen, unplugging and plugging the WAN cables fixes, same if I move the ports from auto negotiate and back.

Roberto
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @RCP,
    It could be related to NIC compatibility and operation Issues. It causes dropped packets, reduced throughput, and session drops.
    You can try to connected a dummy switch between USG60W and ISP router to see if it is helpful about this issue.

Security Highlight