URGENT HELP zywall usg DEAD - how to retrieve rules

Mauro_Phema_srl
Mauro_Phema_srl Posts: 8
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Hello my name is Mauro Blandizio of Phema srl,

I am writing to you because zyxel firewall has died 2 days ago. we tried to change the power supply but it doesn't boot.

we bought another firewall but we have to write all the rules again and we haven't saved all the rules in a backup or something. there's a way to retrieve all the rules and data like with a special emergency mode or something like that? 

Thank you very much for everything.

All Replies

• Jeremylin
    Jeremylin Posts: 166  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Does the device reboot continually? or there is not LED blinking on the device? 
  • hi jeremy
    power led is on
    sys led keeps blinking
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2020
    @Mauro_Phema_srl

You may try this way first to see it can be working or not. From console, enter debug mode and type “atkz –b”and Use “atgo” booting device, and after device reboot, 

you can get the old configuration. The name of configuration will be"startup-config-back.conf"

imagepng
  • @Mauro_Phema_srl

You may try this way first to see it can be working or not. From console, enter debug mode and type “atkz –b”and Use “atgo” booting device, and after device reboot, 

you can get the old configuration. The name of configuration will be"startup-config-back.conf"

imagepng
    could you also explain me how to enter in console mode and debug mode?
    thank you very much charlie!
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Mauro_Phema_srl
    Can I know what is your model?
    You need to have console cable(RS232), and install the tera term application.
    On tera term, select Serial with proper Port, then go to Setup>Serial Port>115200 on Baud rate.

Next, reboot the device and press any key  in 3 secs, and you will access debug mode.

Security Highlight