How to apply stacking mode on Zyxel switch?
If you want to apply stacking mode on Zyxel switch, please be aware of the following instructions:
1. The device must be the same series of model.
2. The Firmware must be the same version.
3. The quantity and stacking ports on Zyxel switch
Note: Once the port has become a stacking port, it cannot be used as a normal port.
4. For XS3800, there are some stacking connection rules that you need to know.
- One stacking channel connect to one device will work
- One stacking channel connect to different device will fail
- One stacking channel connect to one device but two different channel will fail
- Please refer to the below topology If you want to use chain in stacking mode
- Please refer to the below topology If you want to use ring in stacking mode
For how to sync the configuration to the slave unit, you can refer to:
How to sync configuration to the slave unit in the stacking mode?