what means has deauth by STA Logout on Channel: 40, SSID: xxx, 5GHz, Signal: -73dBm, Tx/Rx: 0/0

sverheggen
sverheggen Posts: 9
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi All, 

I hope somebody can help me out. I see in the logs in the control center for a device the message deauth by STA Logout on channel Reason 1. The device is a windows 10 Dell laptop. I also see the laptop sometimes is loosing the Wifi connection and reconnects than. Is it something I can solve in the control center of is it something I need to solve on the laptop. Anyone has an idea? 

Thanks in advanced for your help. 

Regards,

Stefan Verheggen

All Replies

• Zyxel_Panda
    Zyxel_Panda Posts: 97  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @sverheggen

Based on the log "has deauth by STA Logout on Channel: 40, SSID: xxx, 5GHz, Signal: -73dBm, Tx/Rx: 0/0 , we can see that STA connected to the 5GHz with channel 40 and signal strength is -73dBm , the reason code 1 is "STA was deauthenticated because unspecified reason".

You can refer more reason codes definition as below link:
    https://support.zyxel.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360009469759-What-is-the-meaning-of-802-11-Deauthentication-Reason-Codes-

Please help to enable Zyxel support privilege, Help > Zyxel Support

As well as share us the Org and site name and provide the MAC address of Dell laptop for checking the relevant configuration and logs.

Except Dell device, did all other devices have the same issue symptom?

Thanks!
  • sverheggen
    Hello, 
    Thanks for your reply. The mac address is D4:D2:52:39:17:DC the name of the laptop is: Laptop July. I did they above. The organization is All in beveiliging sitename Fam Verheggen Prive. I did the step described above. Other systems don't have problems where I am aware off. Thanks for your help, time and effort. Regards, Stefan
  • Zyxel_Panda
    Hi @sverheggen

Please provide the complete model name of Dell laptop to me, so we will try to find the same laptop to reproduce the issue symptom.
    Or shall we arrange a time on May 8th tomorrow to do the tests with Dell laptop?
    And provide us the remote access (like using Teamviewer or else) of other PC/laptop could be access to AP,  so we can clarify the more details behavior on the AP by SSH session,
    if so, please share me the Teamviewer ID and password by private message.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
    Panda 
  • sverheggen
    Hi Panda, I don't understand what you need. Do you need the laptop that has the problem or do you need the laptop where I access the access points? The laptop that has the problem doesn't disconnect all the time and it is not easy to reproduce. If you like this Monday we can initiate a session with teamviewer. In the morning around 9:00 Dutch time if that suits you? Thanks in advanced for your help. Regards, Stefan
  • Zyxel_Panda
    Hi Stefan,

Okay, thanks for your help, I'm available to access Teamviewer session at that time.
    Please provide me the model name of Dell laptop as well.

Thanks a lot.
  • sverheggen
    Hi Panda, it is an inspiron 7786 2-in-1. I will send you the teamviewer codes when I installed it. Thanks again for your help. Regards, Stefan

• Zyxel_Panda
    edited May 2020
    Hi Stefan,

Thanks for providing the remote access yesterday, because the issue symptom occurs randomly and we didn't see that yesterday. 
    So I helped to update the latest firmware for all 4 NAP102 APs and adjust some configurations:
    1. Change country from Taiwan to Netherland
    2. Enable DCS schedule at midnight everyday
    3. Disable DCS client aware

However, the Dell inspiron 7786 2-in-1 is used the wireless cared with Intel AC-9560 , we checked that there is a new urgent driver was released, please update it as below link:
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=3p529

So please update it and keep observing for a while to see if it will happen again.

Hope it helps.

Nebula Tips & Tricks