[NEBULA] disable site-2-site without delving

FrankIversen
FrankIversen Posts: 92  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
edited April 2021 in Nebula
as a MSP we have site-2-site to each customer when we want to.
Some of our customers have the same subnet.
Is it possible to deactivate a site-2-site and then connect another without deleting the site-2-site settings?

Comments

• WebberIT
    WebberIT Posts: 53  Ally Member
    edited July 2017
    I think at least either one subnet has to change otherwise there will be routing problems even if tunnel can be established, you can create tunnels through non-nebula VPN settings as I recall.
    Maybe you can try to change one interface to a not so common subnet IP specifically for VPN? ex. assign lan2 to a different port and use it as a designated peer for VPN connections. then all you need to do is create a non-nebula VPN profile at both ends to join their network without messing around with thier configs.
  • Zyxel_Irene
    Zyxel_Irene Posts: 118  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @FrankIversen

What you want is a button to enable/disable the non-nebula VPN peer profile you created, then you don’t need to add a new again when you want to enable it. :sunglasses:

If yes, it should be a good idea, and I would like to invite you post it on the idea section. :smile:
  • FrankIversen
    FrankIversen Posts: 92  Ally Member
    @Nebula_Irene Yes, that is what we want. We really dont need the VPN to be active before we need to troubleshoot either. And when we want to troubleshoot a customer we just want to go the vpn-connection and enable the vpn-tunnel with a click (since we have preconfigured it). In that way multiple customers can have the same subnet since they won't be active at the same time from our firewall. (Of course, in new installations we always try to use unique subnet, but thats another story..)

I will post this in ideas forum, thanks.

Nebula Tips & Tricks