Log web history

Options
Pabloit
Pabloit Posts: 15  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Hi,

I need to record web history tracking website+timestamp+macaddress.

Is it possible using usg20?

If yes how? If no, what Zyxel products have this feature?

Thanks

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,061  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @Pabloit ,

On ZyWALL USG20 it is not support to track website+timestamp &Mac address

To achieve certain purpose, you can consider the model USG20-VPN/USG20W-VPN, it support Service SecuReporter

https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/Business-Firewall-USG20-VPN-USG20W-VPN/comparison

Service SecuReporter can display the log of each users, timestamp& login website

Here is the introduce of Service SecuReporter

https://www.zyxel.com/tw/zh/products_services/Security-Service-Cloud-CNM-SecuReporter/

• Pabloit
    Options

Hi Jerry, thanks for your answer.

As far as I saw in your screenshots the Secureporter feature allows you to track some information about ports usage and something else that is not my focus.

My goal is to continuosly log every website visited from guests in a hotel, including mac address (not necessarily ip address) and timestamp and website in a log file.

Is it possible using USG20W-VPN? Or it will be required something else?

I need a firewall with this feature and which supports also vpn and QOS.

Thanks a lot

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Options

Hi @Pabloit

On SecuReporter, we can check Logs > Log Search > Event to see which user login with its Mac address.

About the website, go to Logs > Log Search > Security > Web Security, it displayed timestamp and websites.

USG20W-VPN also support VPN and Bandwidth management (QOS).

• Pabloit
    Options

I'm afraid the "User login" log you stamped in the first screenshot only logs the USG logins to the administration page (via web or via ssh) and it is useless in my scenario.

I can use the "Web Security" log (second screenshot) to know what websites have been visited by lan devices (ip address) but I still need a way to cross these information with a mac-addressses log.

Moreover I need these logs to be automatically archived some way (via mail on a daily basis or something else), I can't access the administrator page to monitor them in realtime as my need is to have them archived in case of future investigations.

Please could you check about this?

Thanks for your time

• Pabloit
    edited March 2020
    Options

This is a sample of what I mean, it is from a consumer router that allows to automatically save logs to a usb stick

http://kmpic.asus.com/images/2015/01/30/1ff6ea38-d1af-49bd-bb10-f44fc2412362.jpg

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Options

Hi @Pabloit

We can do cross-comparison to get user’s IP, MAC address and login websites on SecuReporter,

Currently, we do not support to displayed MAC address on the same page, but we do displayed USER, IP address and login websites on it.

And the email we send can display statistics for a period of time of the popular website.

• Pabloit
    Options
    Again the "User login" log is filled only in case someone attempts to login to the zywall administration panel (via web or ssh). It does not track events at all if LAN clients simply surf the net.
    And the most popular websites only shows hits numbers, like in the older usg20.
    These logs do not allow me to record what websites have been visited by who, neither crossing information.

If you have completely understood my needs, can you suggest me a product doing everything I need? Maybe a Zyxel Hospitality product? 
    My needs are a firewall with wifi and QOS and VPN and LAN clients web history logging.

Thanks a lot for your efforts

• Pabloit
    Options
    Any hint?
  • Zyxel_Jerry
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi @Pabloit