VLAN reconfiguration

oneup
oneup Posts: 2
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch

I inherited a poorly configured network and I need to make some changes to secure it.

I have 4 GS1920s and they are all running on the default VLAN 1. I would like to move all my computers to a different VLAN (1020). The only problem is that I cannot change the IP addresses in my network, since I have servers with IPs that cannot be changed.

How can I do this?

All Replies

• Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2019

Hi @oneup

Welcome to Zyxel community.

For moving management interface to VLAN 1020, you should create VLAN 1020 on the switches in the first place.

The go to Basic Setting -> IP Setup

Change the VID of default management from 1 to 1020, and choose DHCP/static IP based on your scenario.

Also, remember to add VLAN member for VLAN 1020, and change PVID for the ports link to your hosts (computers).

Hopefully this is what you seek.

Zyxel_Lucious

• oneup
    oneup Posts: 2
    First Comment

This definitely helps!

I don't understand quite well what you mentioned about adding "VLAN member for VLAN 1020". What does this mean?

Thank you for your assistance.

• Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2019

Hi @oneup

Once you move the management interface to VLAN1020, the corresponding port (of you PCs) needs to be "fixed" in VLAN1020 and "untagged" so that members in VLAN1020 can communicate with each other.

The setting is in Advanced Application -> VLAN -> VLAN Configuration -> Static VLAN Setup.

Since it's untagged for the port, the PVID must be set as 1020 accordingly.

The setting is in Advanced Application -> VLAN -> VLAN Configuration -> VLAN Port Setup.

Feel free to let us know if anything unclear.

Zyxel_Lucious