[NEBULA] NSW's Default managment IP

WaYne
WaYne Posts: 12  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi all,
Does anyone know what is the default IP of NSW? I was trying of configuring my IP to a static one before connecting it to the internet but I gave up. It confuses me because typically it should be 192.168.1.1 but this one is not working.
any ideas?

Wayne

Comments

• BackZero
    BackZero Posts: 17  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi WaYne
    I think there is no default static IP since NSW is DHCP client by default. Probably you need to connect the device to Internet to get the DHCP IP first. You can refer to more info in NSW series user manual page 25
  • Iwannaquitthegym
    Iwannaquitthegym Posts: 23  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited May 2017
    BackZero said:

NSW is DHCP client by default.

Isn't NAP DCHP client by default as well? and still has an alternative IP address...
    BackZero said:

Probably you need to connect the device to Internet to get the DHCP IP first.

How will you connect to internet if you don't have an IP? :trollface:

@WaYne as far as I know, the NSW doesn't have a default IP address, dunno why tho....
  • Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2017
    Hi All
    NSW has no default IP at the moment. In order to address the inconvenience, we will enhance the function with the default IP in the coming future. Please stay tuned for more details.
  • Zyxel_Albert
    Zyxel_Albert Posts: 36  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi all.
    To solve this problem I recommend you a zyxel convenience tool, ZON utility. ZON can help you easily setup a static IP. You can download it on ZyXEL official website. https://www.zyxel.com/tw/zh/products_services/zon_utility.shtml?t=p

Nebula Tips & Tricks