Where can I setup LLDP-MED in Nebula portal

Quality_Drive_Away
Quality_Drive_Away Posts: 14  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula

I have several Nebula switches I have "nebulized" and added them to my site and inventory online. When I do so, I lose all my advanced configuration options at the local management level. When they are not in Nebula, I can see options for LLDP so that I can make smart aware devices, like VOIP phones, automatically grab VLAN info for QOS, DHCP scope, etc. When in the Nebula portal, to configure these same exact switches after being added to my inventory, I lose the option. Is it hidden somewhere or disabled for a reason? I want to make sure these are setup correctly, Nebula seems like a good platform (similar to Meraki's online dashboard) but it seems to impose configuration limitations. Please kindly reply with our options, thanks!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 394  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Quality_Drive_Away ,

Thanks for supporting Nebula!

Please note that the configuration on Hybrid Switch which is in standalone mode will be reset to default and apply the new configuration from NCC after it is registered and gets online on NCC(The Switch changes to cloud mode).

For LLDP-MED feature of Nebula Switch(Cloud mode), it is already in our road map.

I will move this post to idea section.

Jason
  • Quality_Drive_Away
    Quality_Drive_Away Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, it appears I will need to move all my switches from Nebula back to a "stand alone" mode until it is more mature. The idea behind the Nebula is solid, but if we lose important features, it is really hard to justify it.

• Assitek
    Assitek Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Any update about that?
  • Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 394  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Quality_Drive_Away and @Assitek,

LLDP-MED is already available on Nebula CC currently.
    The configuration page is located at Switch > Configure > Switch settings > Voice VLAN.

Jason

Nebula Tips & Tricks