[NEBULA] MAX client

Options
Manueltn78
Manueltn78 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Ideas master
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi, there is a way to see a report of MAX client connected to each AP?
Maybe last 24h or las week?
Like top Ap function of nxc2500!

All Replies

• Zyxel_Dean
    Zyxel_Dean Posts: 237  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi @Manueltn78
    Hello and Welcome to our forum!
    In summary report, you are able to see it in "top APs by usage" wheras it displays the client number. It is the same as the one in NXC.
    refer to below screenshot.
    brdxaguxahst.png

• Tjang
    Tjang Posts: 10  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Options
    Hi Dean,

I have some question as follows: 
    1. For NAP103 and NAP203, how many maximum user can be connected?
    2. If in 1 AP user is full, could get redirect automatically to another AP? or redirect based on best signal capture power? How to setting in NCC?
  • Zyxel_Dean
    Zyxel_Dean Posts: 237  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi @Tjang

1. Deployment wise, I would recommend for good quality wifi service (enterprise level point of view), NAP102 about 20 and NAP203 about 25 concurrent clients, depending on how heavy your traffic is going to be should you adjust the numbers accordingly. Specification wise, NAP102 can support to 128 and NAP203 256 clients.

2. You can enable load balancing on NAP if  you want to share client loading between the APs, you can find it under AP>configuration>Load balancing page. 
    Generally speaking, redirection will happen when the AP reaches the maxium client number then redirect the ones with longest idle time then signal strength.

Dean
  • Aussie_Melb
    Aussie_Melb Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    I have the same question about mechanism of AP redirection. When one AP reaches the maximum clients, the rest of clients will be redirected automatically to another neighbor AP relying on the priority.
    1. the longnest idle time AP.
    2. the poorer signal strength AP
    Is that correct ?
  • WebberIT
    WebberIT Posts: 53  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
    Options
    @Aussie_Melb  I think it is the same with NXC mechanism, I tested it before, looks true to me and same with this KB's description
    https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!viewDetail.action?articleOid=014369&lang=EN

Nebula Tips & Tricks