FW-Upgrade standard behaviour: -> "Ignore errors and finish applying the configuration file"

Options
mjr
mjr Posts: 26  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in Security Ideas
In case of a failure during a FW-update (i.e. from v.4.33 to v4.35) the USG falls back to default config and will be in an unconfigured condition. There is no simple possibility to do further remote administration.

IDEA:
Please add a choice - before the FW-upgrade starts - like when applying a configuration file:

If applying the configuration file encounters an error:
-- Immediately stop applying the configuration file
-- Immediately stop applying the configuration file and roll back to the previous configuration
-- Ignore errors and finish applying the configuration file
-- Ignore errors and finish applying the configuration file and then roll back to the previous configuration

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• danyedinak
    danyedinak Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options

I agree that, at the bare minimum, it should be applying the last successful running configuration. I'd be surprised if it wasn't doing that already, though, unless, perhaps, the config you're currently using is failing to load properly in 4.33 and generating errors?

Incidentally, I haven't had a configuration fail, yet, but I'll be doing a swath of upgrades tomorrow, so I'll report back if I find the same issue.