Restarting a USG 60 W

Dovetail_MD
Dovetail_MD Posts: 81  Ally Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I have a problem with a USG 60 W in that my administrator change the password whilst I was away and did not record it.

I followed some instructions to use the command line to change the password and that worked okay, but in the process, I have somehow managed to lose the last good set up, which should have been saved during the process.

I now have access to the USG 60 W over the command line interface and can login but need to interrogate it to find out the IP address it is using so I can get back into the web interface and re-configure it.

I suspect it has reverted to DHCP as opposed to the fixed IP address that we need for our system, so an alternative would be some sort of CLI command set to take it off DHCP and set a fixed IP address

Can anybody help with this?

Best Answers

• Dovetail_MD
    Answer ✓
    Now sorted as I've worked out DHCP was enabled down the page
  • Dovetail_MD
    Answer ✓
    Now sorted out as I found out that the DHCP was enabled further down the page which I could not see on the small screen I was using

All Replies

• Dovetail_MD
    I've found the CLI command set and can log on using Terra Term but cannot connect to Lan port P4 to get the configuration screen - what is going on?
  • Dovetail_MD
    I've finally got in but now cannot set a Lan port fixed IP address (something about not in a pool which I cannot find searching the .pdf of the manual) and having had a break, cannot get in on 192.168.1.1

Urrrrg - this is such a piece of rubbish
  • Dovetail_MD
    Answer ✓
    Now sorted as I've worked out DHCP was enabled down the page
  • Dovetail_MD
    Answer ✓
    Now sorted out as I found out that the DHCP was enabled further down the page which I could not see on the small screen I was using

Security Highlight