Led description of NWA1123-AC-HD

UnDutchable30
UnDutchable30 Posts: 5
First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
The led description in the manuals is not complete. The led can also switch between Green and Yellow, no not Amber. This happens when the connection to NCC is lost.

Please add this to the manual.

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi @ilkertr ,

If the LED on your NWA210AX alternates between amber and green blinks at 1-second intervals, it indicates that the AP is in the process of discovering the NCC.

For potential reasons why the AP might not be online on Nebula, refer to this FAQ.

For the solution, refer to this FAQ.

Judy

All Replies

• Zyxel_Barney
    Zyxel_Barney Posts: 84  Zyxel Employee
    Hello @UnDutchable30

Are you perhaps referring to the NWA1123-AC HD's User guide?
    If so, you are correct that some LED behavior are missing or not explained well.

You can refer to our Nebula Device Startup LED Guide under NCC > HELP > Online documentation for the latest updated LED behavior.

Blinking Amber (or yellow) and Green refers to the AP is still in boot up process.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Barney
  • Nebula_Bayardo
    Nebula_Bayardo Posts: 179  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @UnDutchable30
    As Barney said, the user guide might not be so easy to interpret but the behavior you mentioned is described as:

Regarding the yellow/amber issue, there are some discrepancies for the LED component of this model, so if you compare to other devices, the LED looks more yellowish. However, for practicality, we use "Amber" to identify the similar color across all the devices, sorry for the confusion.

Cheers!

• Hello, I have an issue, my NWA212AX - light goes from green to yellow (1s green 1s yellow). I see the wifi, but cant connect.
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Igorko
    When the light shows blinking amber and green, it means the AP is booting up, so the connection of the wireless is not stable since it's still in booting process. And then, it would be blinking amber to set the connection with NCC. After it connects to the NCC and syncs the configuration, you will see the AP configuration status is "up to date", and the SSIDs of the AP is available to connect.
    Here's the LED status table for your reference.
    https://bulletin.nebula.zyxel.com/online-doc/nebula-device/Nebula_Device_UG-LED_v9.20_20190629.en-us.pdf

• Hello, I have an issue, my NWA210AX - light goes from green to yellow (1s green 1s yellow).

Blinking Amber (or yellow) and Green refers to the AP is still in boot up process.

very long wait but AP is still in boot up process.

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @ilkertr ,

If the LED on your NWA210AX alternates between amber and green blinks at 1-second intervals, it indicates that the AP is in the process of discovering the NCC.

For potential reasons why the AP might not be online on Nebula, refer to this FAQ.

For the solution, refer to this FAQ.

Judy

Nebula Tips & Tricks